Built up on top of more than 20 years of experience, our research activities, have forged into a targeted process towards providing relevant research results in a timely and resourceful manner. Through the accompanying toolkits, we provide the means for easy implementation, evaluation and demonstration of novel features using comprehensive, realistic and intuitive testbeds.
Being part of an applied research organization, our team stands for providing systematic technology advancements towards the specifics of the R&D market. In all our research steps we are following and adapting flexibly to the requirements of the market, as presented to us by our industry partners: network operators, equipment providers and standardization organizations.
In order to be relevant towards the market and to provide at the same time cutting edge results, our research activities have to be properly measured as technology quality and market appropriateness as well as future proof and quality of innovation. For this, we are able to provide an appropriate know-how and practical implementation for:
- Initial demonstrations of the novel technologies, motivating into an intuitive manner the need for research into specific areas;
- Novel ideas, design and specification through critical assessment of the available literature and through a very large experience into the different domains within the network environment and their interaction including radio, core network, networking, backhaul, management, security, virtualisation, etc.;
- Technology gaps identification and further research paths selection based on future standardization directions, thus with high impact for the next deployed systems;
- Development of novel concepts and their application towards novel architecture design and specification, IPR, standardization items and implementation paths;
- Initial prototyping in real environments, providing the means for easy implementation, evaluation and demonstration in almost complete operator testbed of the new concepts, through this increasing the trust in novel technology as well as increasing the chances for discovering further innovation;
- For integration, interoperability and trials, as well as for intuitive understanding of the potential of the existing technologies, by using of highly flexible and highly customizable software implementations which provide comprehensive, stand-alone components with standard based interfaces;
- For product prototype and product implementation and for its marketing activities, through very small scale practical counterparts of the carrier-grade products to be developed.